Wednesday, June 10, 2009

In the previous post, I mentioned the benefit BBQ that the school had for me and my family, well, it was great! We ran out of to-go boxes, beans, and cole slaw, but we managed to fix it anyway. The boxes covered the delivered orders, so that wasn't really a big deal. And one of the ladies in my class went to the grocery store nearby and bought premade slaw. There were canned baked beans here in case we needed them, so we just heated those up. There ended up being various donations, one was from an office worker at one of the plants, one was from a supplier to another plant that heard what was going on and wanted to give, another was from a faculty member from the Morristown branch of our school, then there was a donation from a friend of my instructor. If it were me reading this, I would be curious to know how much was raised, so I guess I'll tell ya. After expenses were deducted (but a lot of it was donated) there was close to $1,200! Is that not just absolutely amazing?!?! The whole class came together to help out and make it all happen, so it was also a great fellowship! And then, the icing on the cake was when Jinger, from Electric 94.9, came by with t shirts and hats, and done a short radio plug. We got some pics, I just don't have them off my camera yet. It was great meeting her! I'll post when I get them loaded! Anyway, the money will be going toward the house and getting the addition finished. I'm pretty sure that it will be more than enough to get the basement portion finished. This addition has been in the works now for close to 4 yrs! The foundation has been poured and about half the block layed. But when you are doing it yourself and just buying materials as you can afford them, its a slow go. But I'm hoping this is just what we needed to make a big progress in it. Then when we get the basement completed, we have the lumber we need, thanks to my dad! If you know how to lay block, come on over! I may not be able to pay you, but I can feed you, lol!
School is going good. I'm ready to start the medical stuff. Ordered my last set of books and waiting on them to come it. They will be med. terminology, med. transcription, and med. office procedures. I think I will really like all of them. And if all goes well, I may get to graduate in August, but I'm really gonna have to bust my tail to get it done. We get a 2 wk break coming up, starting the 22nd, and we will be headed to beach on the 27th! I'm really excited about it too. My best friend, Samantha, and her family will be going too. Her kids and mine are all close in age and get along really good. We've had this trip planned since Jan. It was our Christmas present from my in-laws.
Today is my baby's birthday! He turns 5! Happy Birthday Grayson!!

4 comments:

Dianne said...

Sounds like you had a great turnout. What sweet classmates you have! Have fun at the beach!!

Anonymous said...

That is amazing!!!! Happy Birthday to Grayson!! love you
Tonya

Sherry said...

I WANT PICTURES!!! I WANT PICTURES!!!!

kimberlee said...

Yay to you! I know that addition has been a long time in the making... glad to see you're on the road to getting it done!! :)