Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Countdown Begins!

The countdown to my Florida trip, that is. We finally have a date, Aug. 3. Just a little under 2wks. Just like anything else, there are good and bad things about that time period. At least it gives us a projected time, and gives us time to get our things packed, get the kids packed for Nana and Poppy's, and all that stuff. And on the other hand, it gives me time to worry about what is going on inside my body! That's the part I hate! But I will try to keep in mind that it could be worse, because the appointment could have been as late as the end of September! They had to get me an appointment with a different doctor than who my oncologist wanted me to see because she was booked til then. I look at it this way, if they work at the Mayo Clinic, they have to be pretty good. So anyway, Doug and I will be making a trip to Jacksonville, Fl on Aug. 2. We're gonna go down a day early so we can be rested up for the appointment, being that it's at 7:30am.
Since getting the test results from my oncologist, there has been an amazing response from friends and loved ones wanting to do what they could to help with financing the trip. The Tech Center where I go to school is having a hot dog fundraiser tomorrow. A few of my fellow classmates held a yard sale this past weekend, donating the proceeds to us. HMG's general surgery office (where my cute doctor is!) made a huge contribution, thanks Tori, and all the rest of the office staff! The patient advocate at the cancer center I go to gave us a few gas cards. We have had several cash donations as well. I just cannot express how much it means to us, to know that there are so many people that care so much. There are just no words. Thank you so much!!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Ok...first of all, you've got to quit with the "cute Dr" stuff...LOL
but whatever works...LOL
you know you are in my prayers and I love you and your family so much...My situation seems nothing when I think of you and when I get down and depressed, I'm gonna just spend my time praying for you instead of me and my problems...
Love ya!!! hang in there, God is on your side..Remember Job...