Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I've updated my "thank you's" to reflect the latest donors, again, thanks so much!! I never imagined that I would have raised as much as I have just by sending out a few emails! I have posted donation forms at my church, and my sister is selling some breast cancer awareness stuff in the OR where she works, so I hope my total goes up a bit more! And, let's see, so far I have recruited 5 people to walk with me. I have a few more that have said they would, but I have 5 that are registered! If I feel like I do now, I should be able to get through the 3.1miles, I'll be tired, but I should be able to make it. But, if treatments get worse, it will be a challenge. Not that the treatments are bad, but the Dr told me that they would get progressively worse with each one, meaning the symptoms will at their worst at the end. I will have finished treatment #9 when race day comes around. We'll just have to wait and see I guess. But I'm determined to be there and go as far as I can! So far the only bad part about these treatments has been fatigue. I've just been really tired since the last one, can't seem to get enough sleep. Tomorrow is #6!! That means I'll be half way finished when I get done with it!! Changing the subject...I can definitely tell the the seasons are changing, it's getting a tiny bit cooler and there is a hint that the leaves are changing. I wish I could say that this was a good thing, but the truth is, the fall is when depression sets in, and having all this "new" stuff to add to it isn't gonna be much fun. I really hate this too, because the fall is such a beautiful time of year here in TN, and I love everything about it, the cool crisp air, the colors of everything, the fall decorations, hot drinks, and I could go on and on, but on those dreary gloomy days I just can't help but feel BLUE! Yes, I'm on medication for it, so it's not as bad as it use to be, but I still feel yucky some days. Now, please know, I'm not posting this for sympathy or for anyone to feel sorry for me, this is my blog, a place to write how I feel, good and bad, and that's just what I'm doing. The reason it was brought up today is because it's rainy here and just reminds me of one of those days. Closing this one up for now, gonna see if my little one will nap with me! Don't forget to go to the Komen site, link on the right side under my pic a ways, and see how I'm doing with fundraising!

4 comments:

Dianne said...

Kristi: Rainy "blah" days used to get me down, too. (Truthfully - they still DO sometimes!) One day I was complaining about the rain to my nephew who was 3 at the time. He said "But Aunt Di, the flowers wouldn't be so beautiful if it wasn't for the rain. God uses the rain to wash them!" Ever since then - I look at the rain as God's way of washing away some of earth's ugly (and a GREAT time for naps if my day allows!). Happy rainy Tuesday!

Love ya!
Dianne

Anonymous said...

Kristi, Hope your feeling better today, and when you are tired and feeling yucky take a "nap" and don't feel bad about it. I can't walk with I have an inflated boot on my left foot. A tendon is acting ugly at my ankle. I hope you are able to do the walk. Love you and my love to the little ones and Doug. Barbara

Anonymous said...

I think rainy days tend to get most people down! So, you are not alone! I hope that today is a litlte brighter. I think of you often and keep you in my prayers!

Sue

Snarky Mom Reads said...

Kristi - any chance that they can give you some a/deps with the chemo? Or if you are already on them, would the chemo be altering them? I hate to see you get down with everything else, and you know my theory -- better living through chemicals LOL!!