Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Yea, I'm still around! I just don't feel like I have anything to talk about. I did have some check-ups recently. Had one with my surgeon, and he said everything looked fine. One with my radiologist, said everything looked good to him. And a little funny about the two of them... well I've been having quite a bit of tightness in my left arm, where the node dissection was AND the radiation. So when I brought it up at my appointments, they both pointed fingers at the other one, lol! Radiologist says it's from surgery, and surgeon says it's from radiation! Ugh, MEN!!! So when I have my check up with my oncologist, SHE says it's from both, lol!!! Which I totally agree with! They all recommended physical therapy, but with gas prices rising like they are, I passed! I did promise to consider it if the tightness got any worse. But I just don't think it is bad enough for therapy, and one of them showed me some easy exercises I can do myself at home to help with it. I can already tell a difference too. I was scheduled for a ct scan a couple of weeks ago, but insurance decided they didn't want to pay for it until I had a stomach ultrasound and chest x-rays. Those were set up for last Friday, but no one thought to mention it to me that I couldn't eat before hand, and of course I had ate, so they couldn't do it! It was rescheduled for yesterday, and I made sure I didn't eat anything! Guess it will be a few days before I hear anything from them.
We have been on a couple camping trips. We went to Fall Creek Falls state park back around the middle of May. My good friend Samantha and her family joined us, and we had a great time! I did get my freshly healed foot to hurting a little bit, but it was worth it cause I got some great pics! Here are a couple...


Then the wknd following that, which was Memorial Day wknd, we camped in Pigeon Forge with Kim and Billy. The weather was gorgeous and we were able to get in the pool. Well, kinda! The water was soooo cold, and I only got in to my waist, but the kids toughed it out! It was a lot of fun!
We'll be planning another trip in July sometime. But for now, the camper is set up in the backyard and we can camp whenever we want, lol!

4 comments:

Snarky Mom Reads said...

Ugh... CAMPING?!? Isn't that what Motel 8's are for??

Anonymous said...

Kristi, Glad you are able to do camping with the family. I made your group pic my screensaver, so I see you every day. Tamitha and Tom had their baby boy yesterday he was 9# 7oz, born at 5:16 pm.
It was a very long day for all concerned. Tamitha is at Johnson City Speciality Hospital until Friday. Love you Barbara

jaye said...

I just found your blog and am so glad I did! I read through some of your posts and remember you saying about stories of 'been there, done that'.....just hit my 2 year since diagnosis. Stage 3, Grade 3, Positive Nodes (5/8), triple negative BC......was 38. Had a mastectomy in Dec. 06 with a TRAM. Just had a bone scan, ad ultrasound in the new year and am pleased to say all clear thus far!!
Hope your journey continues down the path of wellness!

Sherry said...

Don't you just love Fall Creek Falls...!!! I love that place...Oh and the second pix,was poor little Gray about to pee???? Too cute!!!!