Sunday, October 07, 2007

I DID IT!!!!

I DID IT!!! I walked the whole 3.1miles of the Susan G. Komen Race For the Cure today! I'm beyond exhausted, but still at the same time feel better than I have in a long time! There were a few times that I would have almost gave in and rode the trolley back to the finish line, but I didn't. I toughed it out. It took me 1hr and 7min, but I done it! (see, Tory, I told you it would take me longer than an hour, lol!) There was a few things that put a small damper on things, but nothing that ruined the day. One thing, it was WAY TOO HOT!!! Here it is Oct and it was in the 90's, ugh! So we're walking, walking, walking, and I'm thinking that it should be time to start seeing a water station, I was really needing it. And, finally, we came to one and guess what, they were OUT!!! No water left. Ok, so no water, I'll just have to deal with it, I'll get some at the next station. We finally come up on the next one, and guess what, NO CUPS!! ARGH!!!! Man was I ever so upset! Finally, one of the main ladies with the tricities branch of the Komen foundation found a way to get in touch with them back at the park and told them that there were lots of people that wasn't getting water. It wasn't long til they drove their little Mule out to the back of the walk and gave us very cold bottled water!!! I don't know if I would have been able to finish without it! And ya know what, I didn't even stop and rest! Now THAT surprised even me! Something else that surprised me, I was the 3rd top fundraiser in the whole race! Thanks to so many of you, I was able to raise $1,235.00! Is that not simply amazing!?!?! Holy cow, I still can't believe that I raised that much money! THANKS TO ALL OF THOSE WHO DONATED!!! This weekend was just great, that's all there is to it. Doug and I was able to attend the survivors banquet on Friday evening, that was great. I got to chat with a bunch of the girls from my surgeons office, I LOVE these girls, I wish Geah and Donna would have been there to talk to too though. Then today I got to see everybody that came to walk with me, my dad and step-mom, my aunt Margret and uncle Glen, my sister and her husband, my MIL, BIL and SIL, my SIL's mom, my cousin Delana, my long time friend Tonya, and her sweet aunt Bobby, my friend Alice, and then my friends Amy and Mitzi got hung up in traffic and didn't make it in time to actually walk, but they were there, none the less! Oh, and I almost forgot, my dad and stepmom's friends, Dorothy and Otis. Needless to say, I was feeling pretty darn special today! I'm so blessed! And I'm gonna leave it at that!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristi, I was so proud of you yesterday. I actually didn't think I was going to make it but you gave me the strenghth to do it. Keep being strong.

Dianne said...

Kristi - Of COURSE you made it! YOU are strong, YOU are a fighter, YOU are a survivor!!! Matthew 19:26 says ""With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

See you in a few days for mountain air, mountain beauty, rest, relaxation & food!

Love ya,
Dianne

Anonymous said...

Kristi, GO GIRL!!! I'm sorry I didn't walk with you, I still have my "boot" on up to my knee. I am not going far (anywhere). Tamitha and Morgan are at the beach, that mother/daughter thing. I'm proud of you, wish I had been there with water, It's unreal you ran out on such a hot day...Love You Barbara

Anonymous said...

Sorry I could not make it to walk with you. I was in limbo as to what shift I was going to be working, (suppose to work 3rd on Sunday night) and I had a sick grandson who wanted his Mamaw's TLC.
Proud of your perserverance in completing the 3 mile trek. How did the old woman do? LOL

Love,
Charleen

Anonymous said...

I just had to see how the walk went--you did it; yay!. I'm so proud of you, Kristi! Congratulations!!! Woo Hoo!