Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Guess what I just did....

I walked a mile! LOL!! I know some people may be reading this and saying "so?", but that is amazing for me. First of all, I'm not in shape to do any kind of exercise, so walking AT ALL is a small victory for me, then add the fatigue from the chemo to being out of shape and overweight and it makes it a pretty big victory. I had good intentions of starting a lot sooner than this to prepare myself for the 3mi walk coming up this wknd, but I just kept putting it off til "tomorrow" and here it is just days til we walk. But this morning I really did it. Got the kids ready for school, got the little one in real clothes instead of leaving him in his jammies all day, loaded up the stroller, dropped the kids off at school, and headed over to the park. The park has a really nice place to walk and the weather was great, cool but not too cool, just right. Grayson was content riding in his "buggy", don't know where he got that from, but it was funny. There were squirrels everywhere, so it kept him busy looking for the next one. I just hope I'm not so sore in the morning that I'll talk myself out of going again. We'll see, lol!
The fundraising has really went above and beyond my expectations. I never would have imagined that I would have raised what I have, I just like $25 to meet my $700 goal!! But I haven't done it alone, Kim baked up a bunch of goodies and sold them where she works and Billy also took some to sell where he works. Kim also ordered some really pretty bracelets and sold them, and Arlene, my wonderful stepmother, sold some where she works too. And THEN, I ordered some other pink merchandise, like calendars and ink pens and stuff, and Arlene took those to work with her last night. Friends and family have made generous donations, and all are very much appreciated! I will update my thank you list when all donations have been taken. The walk/race isn't until Sunday, but there is a special survivors party on Friday night that I want to go to, then there is a concert on Saturday I think. It's just all very exciting and I'm really looking forward to it!
This round of chemo treatments are starting to show their side effects. More than likely it's the steroids. My face is puffy, my hands and feet swell really easy, my stomach is swelled a little, I can tell that my shirts are tighter around the middle, more than usual. I have also started to notice a little bit of tingling in my fingers occasionally, nothing major, but I can tell it's starting. The feeling of wanting to eat everything all the time has kinda settled down, not staying hungry ALL the time like I was. I'm just glad that I only have 4 more left! And my hair, oh my hair, I just don't know what it's doing, lol! It's growing back, pretty fast, and it's getting thicker, I can tell when I wash it that it's getting thick, but I still can't really "see" it, lol. I know that doesn't make much sence, but I can't help it. I'm guessing that it's just really light maybe. It still feels good to rub, so soft! I have a pic to show you that you can see my hair, so you can decide. The pic is of my dear husband, Doug, and me at the beach last wknd. It was a lot of fun, and very relaxing!

1 comment:

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

Just wanted you to know that I think of you a lot and keep you in my prayers. That's great what you are doing about walking. I had to laugh about your hair. I'm going through the same thing - I told my Mother on the phone that it was growing, you just can't see it - ha ha. So, it was nice to see you write that and fully understand it. Our time will be over soon, won't it? A day at a time - I fully understand also about the tingling and also the stomach. I couldn't understand why things were tight and I had not gained any weight. Take care of yourself and know you are in my prayers. I got a great report yesterday 4 weeks after my last treatment, I am cancer free - thank God.

Take care - MaryAnn