Friday, July 13, 2007

A slumber party?

Yep! Just came home from a slumber party, or as my 6yr old calls it, a sleep over. And boy was it fun! I've posted before that she is having a hard time with the whole cancer situation, well Arlene, aka Nana, thought it would be a good idea to have a slumber party with just us girls, me, Kim, Nana and Autumn. We let Autumn do our makeup and hair, well maybe not MY hair, but you get the point. Oh, and she done our nails too!! Man oh man, you should have seen us! Nana also got out a box that was FULL of the Barbies I had when I was close to her age, she really loved that! It was a lot of fun and just what she needed! Now, changing the subject, I had a chemo milestone, if you want to call it that. I puked for the first time yesterday!! Is that a good thing? I thought it was! I was a little queasy during the day yesterday, but not real bad, no worse than usual I should say. But since I wanted to feel good for Autumn and her sleep over I decided to take one of the meds I had been prescribed for nausea. As soon as the drink hit my stomach, I had just enough time to set down my glass and get in the bathroom before it all came racing back up! Sorry if that was too graphic, tried to keep it as simple as I could. I felt just fine after that was over, must have been some pretty good pills, huh?!?!?! This was my 3rd round of A/C chemo, and it has been the worst so far! I've just felt nauseous longer, and I have noticed that my chest bone and back have ached a little from the nuelasta shot. But just one more round of that and I will start the weekly treatments of Taxol. The side effects of it are not suppose to be as severe, so that's something to look forward to! My hair may start to grow back while on it, but then my eyebrows and lashes are probably gonna start to fall out, figures, lol! Well, I believe that's it for now, til next time....

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Kristi - Your slumber party sounds awesome and how kind of "Nana" to plan these special memories for you and Autumn! I still keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Love,
Dianne

Anonymous said...

Kristi, they don't give you nausea meds that you take before the chemo? My girlfriend found that there were three levels of pills and she had to combine all three to get relief. Hugs!