Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tired. Very tired!

We just came home from a long weekend of camping in Pigeon Forge. Went down on Thursday and came home yesterday. It was fun, and it done us all good to get away from home for a little while. Kim and Billy went too but left a day earlier than we did, and Grayson decided he wanted to go with them! It was late when we got there Thurs evening so we didn't do much, then on Friday, Doug fixed pancakes and bacon for breakfast, yummy, then we went to Camping World and picked up a few things. Found out that the electricity was off for some reason when we got back to the campground, but it came back on before too long. Then on Saturday we went to Dollywood for a few hours. It was miserably crowded and hot! Of course, a lot of it could have just been me. One thing I have noticed recently is that even if I feel fine, I still can't do as much as I use to. Like, when I'm doing something and I get tired, I have to stop and rest then, I can't push myself and keep going like before. And, I can't tolerate the heat like before, either. The heat will wipe me out super fast! This has been hard, I have done such a good job at dealing with the whole "cancer" bit that I have made myself believe that I'm fine and nothing is different. But I am different, physically, my body just can't do as much right now and I DO NOT want to accept this. Accepting it makes me remember that I am sick and that it is effecting my life. It also means that it affects everyone around me. It's so hard to tell the kids that mom can't do this or can't do that cause I'm getting to tired, it's not fair to them. It's hard enough for a 6yr old to understand, but almost impossible for a 3yr old to understand.
Anyway, enough about that. On a good note, I had a follow-up appointment with my surgeon Thursday before we left. I like going to see him, love the office girls, love his nurse, and it doesn't hurt my feelings none that he's a cutie!! I brought my camera along with me and asked for a pic, don't forget I'm a scrapper, so I have to have a pic! I did not, however, ask if I could post it on my blog, so I hope it's ok with them that I did. If you guys see it and want me to take it off, I will, just let me know! And if you DO see it and don't leave me a comment, I will be very upset! That goes for you gals at the desk too!! Here's the pic...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
That's one of my red wigs, I didn't realize that it flipped that much! I will definitely have to do something about that, it looks terrible! Not the best pic of myself, but it's really good of them and I wanted to share. Anywho, he said everything was looking fine and I won't go back to see him til the end of Oct. I really just want to work in that office, I think it would be a blast, not to mention the extra income would be nice!
I'm pretty sure that I have wrote about chemo angels, well my two have been great, as always! I got some scrapping stuff from one of them for my birthday, and loved the papers she sent me! And I just got some stuff from the other one as well. Before we went camping I got a couple puzzle books and she sent the twins a coloring book and the little one a board book, then when we came home, I came across another package from her, she sent me a pack of "queasy-pops"! I have never heard of these before, but they look cool! They are suckers made of natural flavors that are suppose to reduce or eliminate an upset stomach! How cool is that!?!?! You guys are great! I look forward to doing this once all of my treatments are over and I can be the one sending stuff and making someone else's day!

5 comments:

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

Kristi, Don't know if you are keeping up with my blog, but you are right - we have to listen to our bodies. It took me awhile to cope with this - but, it's for the best. And, it's not forever. I had a good friend (she's a head nurse in Maryland) that when you are diagnosed with this - you basically lose almost a year out of your life. I have missed several events with my family - and know I will never get them back. But, I thank God that with today's miracles and His help - there will be a future.

Hang in there!!!! MaryAnn

Angie said...

Love the pic...and the red wig!! I think that flip is CUTE!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristi...Donna and I (Tory) are just checking in with you. Can't believe you put the pic on there, but they're cool with it. You're super sweet. Next time you come, you'll have to bring your camera again and take a pic of all of us in the office. I'm a little jealous. Let us know if we can do anything for you till we see you again. Remember, we want you to join us on Oct 7 for the Komen walk....we're walking for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristi, I'm honored to be pictured beside you. You have become very special to me and Dr. Holt. You are an inspiration. God Bless, Love Donna

Kimberly said...

Hey "THAT GIRL"- Marlo Thomas-step back! Your RED hair is fantabulous. Your smile is humbling and I have you on my PINKIES LIST! Your energy will return! (((hugs)))