Thursday, July 05, 2007

Miss me?

Sorry I've been MIA for over a week. Don't really have any excuses other than just didn't feel like writing. Felt ok physically, but not so great mentally. Guess it's kinda like when I was a teenager and tried to keep a diary, I'd start one, do real good for a few days then not write another entry for weeks, maybe months. Oh well, I'll try to catch up the best I can, it won't be easy, "chemo brain" is starting to set in, lol! Let's see, the hair loss situation is getting a little better but not much, I still hate seeing my reflection but can't hardly stand anything on, so darn hot! So I go "topless" at home most of the time, Doug and the kids seem to have gotten use to it. Autumn is doing much better, still asks often if it will grow back, but I think she's coping a lot better. Ethan is so quiet and reserved it would be easy for me to assume that he was ok as well, but I'm trying hard not to think that just in case he really isn't. And baby Grayson, although 3 isn't really a baby anymore, is just fine. I think being away from home is taking a toll on all of them, so I'm trying to keep them home as much as possible, and there are probably some people reading and wondering why they are not home. I'll give my take on it, if I didn't have family or friends to help out with them and willing to keep them, I would have to do it, feel good or not, obviously, but I am blessed to have family close by and very willing to take them while I'm not feeling good after treatment, so why wouldn't I? Ok, don't know what that was all about, for some reason I felt like I needed to explain what was going on, I almost feel guilty that they are not here all the time and it's hard to accept the fact that I'm "sick".
Friday 7/6/07...
Well, kinda got sidetracked last while I was writing and ended up not finishing, so whatever I was gonna write about I have forgotten by now, oh well! I do want to tell you about the "Look Good, Feel Better" class I went to this past Monday. It's sponsored my the American Cancer Society and is absolutely amazing! I would recommend it to anyone going through chemo! They provide you with a complete set of makeup, and I'm not talking cheap stuff either, Clinique, Merle Norman, Chanel, Este Lauder, to name a few of the makers! I was blown away with that alone! They show you step by step how to use it, how to fill in or create eyebrows if you have lost them. Then they moved on to let everyone try on and pick out a wig and different styles of hats and turbans, showed how to style and care for those. It was just amazing! I think there was 6 cancer patients there and everyone brought a friend or relative with them, so it wasn't crowed at all. And then there was a couple cosmetologists there to help out. And it was all free! Can't beat that with a stick! So, for someone saying there would be no wigs, I'm wig poor! Arlene bought me two that I told you about in a previous post and then I got another one from LGFG, plus a ponytail that I can wear under a cap! I just wish they wasn't so dern hot! I recently signed up for a chemo angel and have two, they are both great! If you have never heard of them, it's a volunteer organization where people are assigned to be your "chemo angel" and while you are undergoing treatments they send you lots of cards and letters. It's been a real pick-me-up! Let's see, I'm sure I have some "thank you's" that need to be addressed. Charlene, thanks so much for the earrings, I LOVE them! Perfect! Amy, thanks for the cool hat, love it too! And the bandanna! Oh crap, I know there is more, but I just can't think of ANYTHING right now! Blame it on chemo brain! I had another round yesterday, by the way. And I have been feeling a little worse this go round, as a matter of fact, feeling quite queasy as I type. So with that being said, I think I will sign out and head for bed. I'm gonna try not to make it so long til my next post, we'll see how I do, lol!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!!!!!!!XOXOXOXO

I am going to get you more earrings, just don't know how big you want to go......Let me know, or Arlene. I can really pick some nice ones, when I'm all JACKED up. Continuous prayers for you.

Charleen

Anonymous said...

Tried to get in touch this week-end,thought you might have gone away. Jeff and I were going to come by, we have some goodies for you. Mama told me she saw you and that 2 of your babies had been in Morristown last week. Take a day at a time. Barbara

Anonymous said...

man you're hard to get ahold of.
i've tried to catch you online and called a couple of times....
you haven't never said if the necklace i got you was long enough or fit good or whatever... gotta run for now. love you,
Bridgette