Friday, January 25, 2008

It's happening. Radiation is taking it's toll on me! I've noticed a remarkable difference in my energy level, I'm just really tired. That's just showed up within the last few days. And the visual effects are here as well! Well, here, I'll just show ya...


The top one is right in the crease of my neck and has been very painful, but it's actually feeling some better today. The other pic is under my arm, imagine where your breast is, then just straight on around, that's where it is. It is hurting pretty bad too, and I still don't have much feeling from the mastectomy in that area! I can only imagine how bad it would hurt if I DID have full feeling there! They had me get some stuff from the pharmacy, called Domeboro Soak. It's over the counter stuff, but you still have to ask for it. It's aluminum acetate powder in little packets, then I have to dissolve it in a quart of water, soak a rag in it, and lay it on those bad spots for 20mins, 4-5 times a day. It seems to really be helping my neck, and I'm sure it's helping under the arm too, I just can't tell it yet. And the blue marks in the second pic, that is markings with a paint pen for them to do my "boost" rads next week. That means that they will only give me radiation right in the area that is marked, where the cancer was, and not all over the chest and underarm area. If nothing comes up, next Friday will be my last treatment!! I think a celebration is in order, lol!
On another note, sad news! I got a call a couple of nights ago from a friend's husband. Samantha and I were best friends in high school, kinda lost touch during college, but have become close again in the past year. I love her like a sister! Well, a week or so before Thanksgiving, I think it was, I talked to her and she told me her dad found out he had cancer and that it had metastasized in other places. So the call I got from her husband was to let me know that he had passed away. I feel so horrible for her, my heart is aching! We will be going to the funeral home tonight, so I pray I can keep it together for her! I also pray that God is comforting her and her family during this time of grieving.
More prayers are going out to my sweet cousin, Delana. She's a couple of years younger than me and just went through a back surgery yesterday. If I'm not mistaken, this is her 2nd one, and might possible be the 3rd, I'm not real sure. I'm looking forward to her getting back home with her family and getting better!
Ok, well I have to go "soak" again! Til next time....

2 comments:

Gillian Ottaway said...

Wow! That just looks unbelievably painful! You are amazing for being so positive about it all! I'll cross my fingers that everything goes well and Friday is your last day :D

Michelle said...

Ouch...that looks really painful
:-( I hope the soak is helping. Oh, and I am really hoping that Friday is your last treatment...definitely need to celebrate then!

Hugs
Michelle