Friday, January 04, 2008

Long overdue update

I'm sorry if you have been checking in on me, only to find that I STILL hadn't updated. I don't know what it is with me, I guess I just don't feel like anything important has happened that anyone would be interested in. Radiation is going fine. Today was lucky treatment #13, only 20 more to go, lol! I still can't tell any difference in anything other than a little redness on my chest and under my left arm. They gave me some ointment that consists of petroleum, mineral oil, paraffin, and lanolin alcohol. Reminds me of vasoline, only in a more solid form. Every time I have a treatment, they make dots on me with a blue sharpie marker, and the first time they didn't tell me that it would ruin my clothes and I got it all over my bra! So then I asked for some alcohol moisture wipe thingies and she gave me two, and that didn't do anything but make a mess and wasn't near enough to get all 10 marks off. What the ???? I can't be ruining everything I wear, and I sure ain't gonna wear worn out clothes that don't matter to the Dr's office, ya know? Well, I came up with a solution that works well for me! Got me a ziploc baggie, added some cotton balls, and poured in some alcohol, and there ya go! All the alcohol swabs I need! I just gotta be sure to keep them in my purse or they don't do any good, lol! I just wonder if they have figured out at the office where all those little blue cotton balls are coming from!!!
I hope everyone had a great Christmas, we sure did! We spent one night in the Smokies with my inlaws and came home Christmas Eve evening. And on Christmas morning we went down to spend with Dad and Arlene, and a delicious big breakfast! New Years was ok too, didn't do anything too special. Kim and Billy came down, we were suppose to play cards or something, but ended up just watching re-runs of CSI. The kids have really enjoyed their time off, but I'm so ready for them to go back! They were suppose to go back yesterday, but we had a little dusting of snow and they called schools off til Monday, UGH!! I guess that is a lot of the reason why I haven't updated here in a while, I've been too busy with them!
Let me vent on my resume, or lack thereof, rather. I have never had one before, and hadn't worked since being pregnant with my now 3yr old, so memory of previous jobs is wearing thin. So last spring, before this cancer thing reared it's ugly head, I decided I would like to go back to work. All the adds I read was asking for a resume to be sent in rather than filling out an application, what I was use to way back when! Ok, so I need a resume, shouldn't be too bad, WRONG!!! I always knew not getting a college degree was a bad thing, and this was the time it was gonna prove it! Ugh it was so frustrating trying to put that thing together, one, I didn't have much education past high school, just a couple years of college that wasn't going to help much, and another thing was trying to remember dates of jobs that I have had, double UGH!!! Anyway, to make a long story short, my resume, to say the least, embarrasses me! But I'm using it anyway since I'm now looking for a job. Making ends meet was doable before my endless appointments, but now it's getting harder and harder. Not to mention that we had started an addition on our house that has not had any progress in a very long time! There are five of us, and our house has two bedrooms and one bathroom, can you say CRAMPED! Don't read this wrong and think I'm looking for sympathy, I'm not. Just explaining how much a job would be nice. I can see how this subject can open up a whole can of worms, and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I'm just gonna leave it at that :) Until next time, whenever that will be, hehe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl! The hair looks great. I'm sure you're excited. As for not finishing that college degree you know I'm going to say that it isn't too late. I'll be 40 this year when I finsih up at Milligan College AND have our third child. It has been a bit difficult with time management and student loans, but it has been fun and worth it when I get a job after 10 years of staying at home. If going back to school is not for you then I wish you much success in your job search. I really have no idea of how to do an updated resume. My last one was etched in a stone tablet.

I send you lots of love and let me know next time you are visiting in Kingsport and I'll drive over.

Tamitha