Monday, March 24, 2008

It's hard to believe that this journey started just over a year ago! It was the 18th when I found the lump, had an GYN appt the 21st, a mammogram the 22nd and a biopsy the 28th. Then, it was hard to think about where I would be in a year or what would be going on. But here it is, and things are getting back to normal, whatever that may be. Besides this cast on my broken foot, argh! Which, by the way had NOT started to heal as of last Wednesday's x-rays, and I have a new cast. Well, I really don't have much to say this morning. It has just been on my mind, a lot, lately that the one year mark is creeping up on me. April 4th, was the day I was officially diagnosed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there Kristi how are you feeling? I am 2 weeks into a broken foot and recently had an appointment and no healing either and still have swelling. I hate my stupid cast and crutches,what a pain! Anyway feel free to vent and write to me,tippytop100@aol.com,David.

Snarky Mom Reads said...

Kristi - you've been on my mind a lot lately & I finally have had a chance to catch up! Hope Easter went well at your house -- we had a trip trying to teach Ryan to pick up the eggs! -- and it's "funny"... I was *just* this morning telling someone in a playgroup about you & how it was close to a year ago your bc journey started! Her Mom was about your age when she was diagnosed, so she's recruiting me to walk in the local Relay for Life -- which I'll be doing with YOU in mind!! (Yes, you are worthy of me getting my fat butt out on the track - eeks!!)

Anonymous said...

Kristi, I am so glad to hear that you are doing well. I hated to hear about your breast cancer and having been praying for you. I seen Tonya Brewer at Wal-Mart several months back and she told me about it. My mother in law had breast cancer about 10 years ago and she is doing well now. I am glad your treatments are over too. My husband just recently started Chemo for Testicular Cancer and I can only image what you have been dealing with. You are a very strong women. If you need anything let me know and I will continue to pray for you. Stay well.
Your friend,
Misty Mason-Wilson