Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

I hope you are all having a great Easter! If I were pessimistic, I would say this is the worst Easter ever, but I don't like be so negative. No, I am not happy about being in the hospital on Easter, but I am and there is nothing I can do about it. I guess I'm getting ahead of myself, let me rewind a little and start from where I left off from the last post...so on Thursday, I had an infusion of Zometa, it's to help make my bones stronger. And on the drug information sheet, there was a list of side effects and when to contact your doctor. Of course there was a long list, but the one that was my deciding factor was the one that said fever. My other symptoms were flu-like, you know, achy body, chills, and bone pain. I put off going to the er until my temp got up to 104.7!!! That scared me! Doug gave me a couple Tylenol and made me take a cold shower, but it didn't act like it was gonna come down any, so we decided it was time to let somebody else see about it. Of course it seemed like no one believed us when we told them how high my temp had gotten up to, because by they time we got there it had dropped down to 100, but they were still very thorough. After being in the er for 8 hours, they finally put me in a room. They gave me some really strong antibiotics to start off with, in case there was some kind of infection in my body somewhere, and I had an allergic reaction to it, making my head itch, hives around my hair line, swollen lips, it was horrible. And the bad part is that we didn't figure it out til the medicine was all gone! Oh yea, and my eyelids got real puffy too! The dr decided to keep me for a few days to get some fluids restored in me and to give me several rounds of antibiotics, a different kind, of course. They also have found that I have a heart murmur, and why it didn't show on the MUGA scan I had a few weeks ago is still a mystery to me. It's possible that there could be some kind of infection around my heart, like on one of the valves, and that could be causing the fever and the murmur, but my blood work is showing nothing. Thus the main reason for my extended stay, apparently if there is, in deed, and infection in the heart, it can take up to 3 days to show up in the blood work. So far, so good. I have had some great visitors tho, my buddies from school came by yesterday, and my best friend Samantha came to stay a while so Doug could go home to feed and get me some things I needed. My daddy and step mom have been here, making sure I'm getting something better than hospital food to eat, plus she picked up the last minute Easter stuff for me that I hadn't got for the kids yet.And I'm expecting some company today, I might even get lucky and get to see my kiddos. If everything goes well, and nothing actually does show up on my labs, then I may get to go home tomorrow. I'll let you know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Krisit, I just wanted to tell you I love you... I wanted to come see you but i have had my nephews all weekend....... i hate not being able to be there for you like i want to be.... i only hope you know how much i love you...
Bridgette