Monday, April 20, 2009

I was finally able to have my first chemo treatment this past Thursday! It was an all day event too! We did leave there til after 5pm. The next one, this Thursday, shouldn't take as long, cause I'm not having the Avastin, just the Taxol. Originally I was suppose to have the Taxol once every 3 wks, but he changed it and now I will have 3 doses of it in 3 consecutive wks. I've felt pretty yucky over the wknd. Saturday might not have been so bad, but my uncle died last week and we spent the day with family Saturday, and it's possible that I just let myself get too tired. I spent most of Sunday in bed, and today I'm still really tired and achy. It will probably work out to where I will get to feeling better by Wednesday, then I get to start over Thursday, lol. So far there has been no nausea, but I do not have much of an appetite. I'm trying to drink plenty, because the Avastin can cause kidney and bladder trouble, but when you don't really have a "taste" for something, it's hard to drink much, nothing sounds good.
That's about as long as I feel like sitting here. But I would like to thank all the special people that have sent emails, cards, comments, and most of all, prayers.

1 comment:

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

Kristi, we were very sorry to hear about Junior. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

Also, when I was dealing with the taste issue, someone suggested 2 different things to me that helped me through: Ginger Ale and Lemonade. I would get them in individual bottles and even take a little cooler with me, as well as keeping them in the fridge at home. Water just did not taste right. Maybe try them and see if that helps.

Thinking of you - MaryAnn Blimline