Thursday, April 09, 2009

Have you ever had those days that you just have the feeling it wasn't gonna go your way? I felt that way this morning, and sure enough, things didn't go my way. We made to trip to Va this morning, but still didn't get to start chemo treatments. I did get an injection of Zometa, to help strengthen my bones. But there wasn't enough time to put in an order for my chemo meds and insurance approve it. They have 24hrs to decide. She did say I could come back on Monday for it, but since they try to make the treatments the same day all the time, I just asked to come back next Thursday. And I have a very good reason for that, see the biggest side effect for this treatment is probably gonna be fatigue for the first few days following treatment. So if I have it on Thursday, they are closed on Fridays, then I can have the wknd to lay around and not worry about missing school. Plus Doug would be home to deal with the kiddos, if need be. She could tell that Doug and I were both really upset that we STILL are not getting to start, so she made me a promise. She said that I WOULD get my first round of chemo next week, even if it means that she put me in her car, drive me to Kingsport to get the meds herself, and bring back to my house and administer them to me herself! Looks like I will be having Taxol once every 3wks, Avastin once every other wk, and Zometa once a month. And just when I have accepted that I have beautiful hair, I have to face the fact that it will be leaving me once again. Oh do I ever dread this part!! It was just getting long enough to pull back in a ponytail, too! I'm not trying to be rude, but I ask that no one please comment that my hair will come back, or that I will be just as beautiful without it. I know you mean well, but it's just not what I want to hear. I had the pleasure of meeting one of the patient advocates at the office today, and she was amazing. She told us about different things that was available to us, got me to fill out some papers so we could get a large part of our fuel taken care of driving back and forth there. She said she always gives a nice welcome basket to the new patients, but she was out of the ones the has for the breast cancer patients, so I'll get that next week. There is also a group of volunteers that take turns preparing a dish that can be sent home with a patient, and they draw a name from all the patients there that day for the winner, and I got it for today! It looks really good, chicken casserole, one of my most fave foods! And all we will have to do it pop it in the oven and enjoy! I was feeling a little spoiled, even if I was in a dr. office, and I liked it, lol!
Do you have big plans for the Easter wknd? I don't have BIG plans, but there are a few things I would like to do. I need to go out tomorrow and try to find the kids some shoes for their Easter outfits. My best friend, Samantha, and I want to try to take our 8yr old daughters to see the Hannah Montana movie. Then church on Sunday and dinner with my in-laws. Hope you all have a great Easter, and don't forget what it's all about!

No comments: