Sunday, August 12, 2007

A busy week ahead!

Well, first off, I'll let you all know that the first round of Taxol went just fine. I get a little dose of benadryl through iv to start off with, evidently lots of people are highly allergic to this, so I had a great nap!! No other side effects yet. I was told that I may have some muscle & joint aches and some numbing in my fingers and toes, but it would just progressively happen, not happen all at once. I did ask when I get more scans done, and to my surprise, he said we could do that! So they got it all set up for me. I will have a MRI tomorrow (monday) and then a PET scan on Thursday. This is really bittersweet, on one hand I'll have peace of mind knowing the results, but then again I'm really nervous that they might actually find something. So please keep me in your prayers that God will grant me with some courage and I'll be able to keep my sanity until I get the results! And then Wednesday I will have my 2nd dose of Taxol and I will be able to say "just 10 more!!". Yesterday was a good day. Kim had all the kids for the wknd, letting them swim before school starts, tomorrow! And then I had a visitor, Tonya came up to spend a couple hours with me. It was great! She brought the kids each a little something, and they were so excited when they got home and dug into those bags! She brought me some yummy smelling goodies from Bath and Body Works and "Chicken Soup for the Breast Cancer Survivor's Soul", can't wait to start on it! Anyway, we just sat on the couch and chatted away, just like we did 15yrs ago, it was GREAT! Tonya, I love you dearly and still cherish our friendship with every beat of my heart!! Thank you for being there for me during this whole ordeal! Moving on, tomorrow is the first day of 1st grade for Autumn and Ethan! Well, kinda, they go for a short orientation and then they can come home. We went to meet the teachers Thursday evening. I can't believe how fast summer has flown by! I may not get to volunteer as much as I want to for the first couple of months, but I'm really hoping that I will be able to when I get these last treatments over with! It will be a little tougher this year since they are in separate classes, but I will work it out. Ok, well, I'm gonna get off of here for now, I have to get use to getting up early too, lol!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Kristi - I pray all went well with your scans! I know God has His hands in the situation and ain't nothin' gonna happen that He hasn't prepared the way for! On a side note - 1st grade was the first year my twins were separated in school, too. It's definitely harder on the Mommy than the kiddos! Hang in there, sweetie!

Love ya!
Dianne