Sunday, August 26, 2007

Three down.....

and only 9 more to go!! I have 3 Taxol treatments under my belt! This past weeks treatment was fine, nothing out of the ordinary happened. I didn't nap while I got my lovely benadryl, my thigh muscles kept tightening up and it was impossible to fall asleep. I've come to the conclusion that if I fall asleep while getting my infusion then the benadryl doesn't bother me too bad, as far as being drowsy the next few days, but if I do NOT get a nap while getting it then I feel completely worn out to a frazzle for several days afterwards. I'll use that as the excuse for not posting in a while, lol!! I think I told you that my MRI results were fine. Well, my onc nurse told me that my PET scans were clear and that the dr had signed off on it! YAY!!!! I will actually get to see the dr this week, so he'll go over it with me in more detail, I'm sure. Not that there is anything to explain about "clear" but I hope he'll tell me something. Looks like I'm gonna have to call the surgeon's office in the morning. I have been having a really bad pain in my left arm, not good since that is the arm that is at high risk for developing lyphedema. I'm really hoping that's not the deal, but it needs to be checked, for peace of mind if nothing else. It feels like a great big bruise on the underside of my arm down to my elbow, very tender, and it even hurts to put on my deo, but there is no sign of a bruise, no discoloring. I was hoping it would go away, thinking I had slept on it wrong or something, but it has been bothering me since around last Wednesday or so. It's actually even started hurting back towards my shoulder blade. But anyway, I'll call in the morning and see what the dr thinks. Oh, I meant to write about this last week, but it slipped my mind, I had a surprise visit! My aunt Barbara dropped by!! It was so great to see her, and even to SMELL her, lol! I know that sounds extremely weird, but let me explain. You know how a smell can bring up a memory or make you think of a specific time? Well, her smell took me back to my childhood! She wears the same perfume now as she did then, if I'm not mistaken, it's Calvin Klein's Obsession. And since I got several hugs, I was able to smell it on myself the rest of the evening, it was wonderful!! On Friday night, I was able to get a good friend to come scrapbook. It was me, her, and Kim, we had a blast!! I always do when I'm around her, she's a hoot!! I guess I'm gonna close this one up, I'm just not feeling real chatty.

No comments: