Wednesday, August 29, 2007

NED=No Evidence of Disease

YES!!! WOO HOO!! Thank you dear Lord! I know, I have already posted the results of the recent scans, but since I got to talk to my oncologists about them today, it kinda feels more, I don't know, "real". Is that the word I'm looking for? It's the only one I can think of right now, so it will have to do. He was really happy when he came into the exam room today and asked if I knew the good news (the test results). I simply said all I knew was that he had signed off on them and they looked good. He proceeded to tell me that yes, they did look good, that there was a tiny cyst in my sinuses, he also referred to it as a polyp. He assured me that it was not cancer related!! That's what showed up on the MRI. Then the PET scan was clear as well, NED, No Evidence of Disease! None what-so-ever! Again, thank you God for healing my body, and thank all of you that have sent up prayers on my behalf! So asked a very reasonable question, "was the chemo now considered a preventative measure instead of more of treatment?", and I got the answer I was hoping for, "yes"! That's fine with me, I mean, I'm not gonna try to talk him into letting me quit, I've come to far! Sure, 8 more treatments, 8 more weeks, sounds like a long time, but it sounds better than in the beginning when I was facing 5months of treatment! I figure it's a tiny feat to go through to be able to get on with the rest of my life, don't you think? And, just like in the beginning, that's exactly what I plan to do, with, of course, the guidance of God, get on with the rest of my life! Have I told you about my appetite since starting the Taxol? I feel like I can eat anything, eat anytime, and I often find myself using the phrase "appetite of an elephant"! That's the joys of steroids I suppose! So far, I can't be happier with the side effects of the Taxol, or lack thereof I could say! Now, I have to keep in mind that I've been told, several times, that it won't happen all at once, but rather progressively get worse, so the worst part will be at the end of treatment, which should be sometime towards the end of October. But as of right now, the night after having my 4th treatment, I feel pretty decent. I am a little weak in the legs, but nothing that's keeping me from regular activity. I was extremely tired when we came home this evening and laid down from about 6pm-9pm, I slept, but not exactly a good restful sleep. Tomorrow I expect that my cheeks will be bright red most of the day and I will feel like I have my face too close to a fire, another piece to the happy steroid puzzle! I'm hoping that the weakness in my leg muscles will be a lot better, if not all together gone, by tomorrow. I know I will probably be tired tomorrow, and feel the need to nap, let's just hope that my youngest will have sympathy for mommy and agree to watch cartoons in mommy's bed, lol! Oh, and guess what?!?! My hair is making a comeback, painfully slow in my opinion, but coming back, none the less! It feels like peach fuzz right now, and for a while you had to look really close to even see that there was anything there, but I have noticed the past few days that there is, indeed, enough to be noticed! Of course, I still look like I have more of the bald than with hair, but I can actually SEE it! I'm guessing my family is getting really tired of me asking can they see my hair growing back, or having them feel the fuzz, lol, but I just can't help it, I'm obsessed. Autumn told me the other day that yes it was growing back and continued to inform me that it was curly and blonde, lol! Although it is long enough for me to be able to get a little bit between the tips of my fingers, I don't hardly think that it is curly yet, hehe. And as far as it being blonde, well I think it's just so sparse that it hasn't be able to present it's true color yet, does that make any sense? Clear as mud, right?! Ah, to be 6 yrs old! On another note, I know that there are lots of people reading my blog, from the visitor count, but who are you? Sure, I have people telling me all the time "hey, I check your blog everyday to see how you're doing", but I would really like to see some comments. There are a handful that I get comments from on a somewhat regular basis, so for just once, can you post a comment, just to say hi? It doesn't matter to me if we know each other. If you are someone that doesn't know me outside the cyberworld, I would like for you to just tell me where you learned of my blog from. It's getting late, and I have been writing this post during the commercials of a show on TLC called "Crazy, Sexy Cancer". I watched it at 9pm, but it has come on again at 12 and I still have it on. So, make me smile, I wanna check in ever so often tomorrow, in between naps, lol, and see a new comment, by both people I know and don't know. Would it make it easier if I said I'm challenging you to leave me a comment? Lol, I think I can fall asleep now, good nite!

11 comments:

DSJ12 said...

Great news Kristi!!

We're keeping up with you.
Dice and Debbie (ETNCC)

Anonymous said...

Ok, I will leave you a comment! Now that I have the blog, I plan to check it often! This is your Card Angel-Sue.

I am SO thankful to see NED!!!!! I really like that word!

Dianne said...

Kristi - That is WONDERFUL news!! “Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.” Psalm 145:3

Only six more weeks til we meet up again!

Love ya!
Dianne

Anonymous said...

Kristi!!!! I am so happy for you! I am sitting here crying happy tears for you. What wonderful news!! Thank you for sharing the link with me--I love reading your blog and keeping up with how you are.

Hugs & prayers as always,

"Angel" Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristi! I am a CTF sister....this will be my 3rd year, but I'm a pretty quiet person, but I will make a point to introduce myself this year. I've been reading your blog and even though I don't really know you, I am happy when I read the good things happening with your treatments. Take Care, God Bless and I look forward to meeting you in just a few weeks!! Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Krisit,

I am so glad to hear that there is no evidence of disease. We have been praying for you. I hope all the little munchkins are ok and oh doug too.lol I miss talking to you. Hope to see ya soon. love ya much We can go camping soon. we need to set a date.
sam.

Angie said...

I am beyond-words....SO HAPPY to read this post!! Congratulations, my friend!!

Anonymous said...

Kristi, You News is the "GREATEST" and I am so happy!!!!! You said the nicest thing the other day about my perfume, you made me have a warm fuzzy feeling. It was good for me to see you and your babies. I told the staff about the good news today and the Chaplain remembered you in his prayer at our morning staff meeting. Love, Barbara

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord. I am so thankful for the wonderful news. I keep sending those prayers up that the Lord will continue to strengthen and heal. Can't wait to see your peach fuzz!! You are truly an inspiration. love you bunches!!

Tonya

Sandie said...

I read your blog sweetie! You know me from 3 Scrappy Boys! Let me just tell you how proud I am of you and all that you do!
~Sandie

Laura Williams said...

this is my first time at your blog, (I found you from Angie's)but I am SO happy for your good news, and I will definitely be back to check out your blog again! :) Congratulations!!!