Monday, August 27, 2007

OUCH!! update on sore arm....

So I managed to remember to call the dr's office this morning. Guess the pain in my arm reminded me, lol. It's been sore since one day last week, at first I thought it was because I had slept on it wrong, but that would have went away, and it didn't. As a matter of fact, it was getting worse and seemed to be spreading. It's hurting on the underside of my elbow, up to my armpit, and had started to hurt in my shoulder blade. He had me come on in to the office so he could take a look. I was glad that it wasn't the start of lyphedema, instead it's probably a nerve getting the feeling back in it! He explained that there is a nerve in the arm in the area I pointed out as in pain, and that when he does the node dissection that sometimes they take they nerve out but if they don't it will become numb after being "messed" with when the nodes are scraped. The pain that I'm feeling now is the nerve getting it's feeling back. I thought it was pretty interesting myself! Anyway, I was told to take ibuprofen a couple times a day for a week or two and if the pain doesn't get better or go away then he will get me started on physical therapy. He offered to go ahead and get me started now, but I opted to wait. I'm just so happy that it's nothing serious!!! He told me I was just looking for an excuse to come see them their at the office, lol. He just don't know how true that could have been, but I was seriously worried about the pain this time, lol! The girls in the office have created a team to walk in the Komen race, and I'll be posting more about that soon, I want some people join me!! Doug is replacing the window and he may need some help, so I'm outa here!!

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Kristi - What a relief! And how exciting and full of life that you're getting feeling back!! Did you ever think you would be relieved to feel pain?

Take care,
Dianne

Anonymous said...

I'm so thankful for the good news! I really enjoyed our visit the other week. We'll do it again soon. Just tell me where and when for the Komen race and I am there. I would love to walk in your honor. Love you bunches!

Tonya