Friday, August 17, 2007

So let's play a game of "catch-up"!

And, no, it doesn't include french fries! LOL! So to start the week off, I go for a MRI Monday. It really wasn't a big deal, I'm just glad I am not claustrophobic! That was a small space for sure! Nothing much went on Tuesday. Then Wednesday was chemo day. Got me another dose of that liquid benadryl, man I'm liking that stuff, hehe! And just think, I will be getting it every time for the rest of the treatments! I can now say only 10 more to go! I didn't see a dr that day, but the onc nurse did tell me that my MRI results looked good. The only thing that showed up was a small cyst in my sinus area, but that it was nothing serious. I will be sure to ask the dr next time what he thinks about it, and he should have the results of the other test too. Kim took me Wed, so when I got done, we did a tad of shopping. We hit Hobby Lobby and I found the deal of the century! Ok, so maybe not the century, but it was a great deal, none the less! If you're a scrapper, you'll get this, if not, then it will be nothing to you probably, lol. So HL just started carrying the Autumn Leaves clear stamps not too long ago, well I am too cheap to pay full price for them, especially knowing that they go on sale half off quite often. Well, anyway, I seen they had a new set that I had been wanting and picked it up, glanced at the price and it was just marked $4.99?!?! I knew that had to be wrong, and sure enough, it was! I looked at the others and they were $14.99! So I grabbed a pack, and Kim grabbed the other two packs that were marked wrong. We couldn't have gotten them cheaper if we HAD waited for them to be on sale! Ok, so I'm sure there are plenty of you reading that says I did the wrong thing. I should have told them of their mistake. BUT, I didn't! Do I feel bad about it? NO! Will God punish me for doing this? Maybe, but remember, I already have cancer, can't get much worse! So, maybe I shouldn't have wrote that, but I'm not deleting it. ANYWAYS.... We left there then went for some more bargain shopping, at Big Lots! Love that store, you can never tell what kind of junk you will find! Oh, the thrill of the hunt!! Another good find for the scrapper in me, Sharpie paint markers, with the white in it, and it wasn't the oil based ones either!! I have looked everywhere for these, the office supply stores, WM, Target, and everywhere else I go that carries office or school supplies! So I was happy to find them at BL! Oh, and they were just $3 for a pack of 5!! Then it's off to Cheddars for some dinner and I had a strawberry tea, it was yummy!! I will tell you this, I was very tired when I got home, lol! But it was fun! Did have a side effect of the chemo creap in on me though, my thigh muscles felt like I had ran 10miles! They were so sore and achy! It went away by the time I got up Thursday morning. Had to be at the hospital for the PET scan at 10am, no problem. Got there and they took me to the little room, made me drink the icky vanilla white stuff, injected the radiation in my veins and let me wait about an hour. I was prepared this time with a book and my mp3. The scan itself didn't seem like it took as long this time, but maybe it's just because I knew what to expect. After that was all over, we met with Kim and had lunch at my favorite place, Johnny Corrino's! Probably didn't spell it right, but I know what I'm talking about! Nothing much more on Thursday, except a minor accident at home. Fixed supper for the kiddos, and was getting their drinks, had just made a full pitcher of kool aid, set it on the side of the sink and went to reach for some cups and must have hit the pitcher cause it fell off the sink directly on top of my foot! OUCH!!! It was one of the older tupperware pitchers, so it has some sharper edges, and it cut my foot in two places and the whole top of it bruised instantly! It's really sore today, especially when I put on shoes! OK, Grayson is so ready for me to finish this up! He has been trying to get up in my lap for the past 10min, so I will go ahead and wrap this one up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristi, So goooooood to see you !!!! The babies, too. I'll send you photos. Love you so much
Barbara