Thursday, June 14, 2007

busy day

I have had a busy day today! Had some appointments to go to, but Doug wanted to go to a nearby hardware store that was going out of business first. Everything was pretty much all gone, but he managed to get a few things at 75% off, not too shabby! Then we were off to the oncologist for labs, and seems that my white blood count is lower than what they want it to be, but evidently not so low that they were concerned cause they didn't do anything about it. They did say, however, that if it wasn't back up by next week that I wouldn't be able to do my treatment. It will be up, I have complete and total faith in God! We then drove over into the next parking lot for my follow up appt with my surgeon. He said that everything looked great and I don't have to go back there for 6wks. I joked around with them that I would have to just get me a job there just so I can still see them all, I just love all of the staff there! From there we went to pick up my new bras and silicone boobs, lol, don't you just love it, lol! Then headed up the road a little ways and picked up my new specs. What do ya think...



I'm thinking I love these babies! I'm not a big fan of pics of myself, but I figured a needed a couple decent ones before time for all that hair to start falling out. Which, by the way, should be within the next week. You just don't even realize how bad I'm dreading that part. I have decided not to get a wig, I've heard that they are hot and itchy, and I'm just not sure I want to waste my time on it. I can always change my mind later. But for now I just have a cute breast cancer awareness baseball cap and I'll probably get me a scarf or two. I am on the prowl for some big flashy earrings!!! I figure I would just be bald, keep up the make up and these cute specs, and some big earrings would just do the trick, what do ya think? Wow, it's so easy to sound like I'm ready to be bald, but, honestly, I'm terrified! I'll wait til it starts coming out then let Doug and/or the kids shave it off, I think that will make it a little easier. OK, that's it for now.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey chick. I love the specs. They are simply marvelous. They look really great on you. Kristi- it would not matter if you were bald or had an afro you are a very beutiful person both inside and out. I just want to tell you that you are a great friend to me much like the sister I never had. I consider it an honor to have such a great friend like you. Keep your head held high and your faith strong and all will be fine. If you need a good laugh, just remember the time that we were stuck in our prom dresses, Or the time that we went to prom in a "limo" that had a fold out seat,lol or the time the mouse crawled across the pillow, or the time that the walkway at school was iced over and you slid all the way down the walk to the other building. We have so many great memories and we will continue to keep making them together. I love you and will talk to you soon samantha

Angie said...

TOTALLY CUTE!! You car one hot mama!!

Anonymous said...

Kristi, you look great!

Anonymous said...

You look awesome! Keep your head high! You will be beautiful no matter what! Love ya,

Stacy Webb

Kimberly said...

You are looking beautiful chica! I am so proud of you and your attitude is wonderful. You are on your way!

Melissa said...

Hey there. Found your blog through the YSC site and have been cruising through your entries. It's all too familiar. I started chemo last June (long over now) and had a bilateral mastectomy in September.

Anyway, reading about your visit to the plastic surgeons raised a few red flags. It's no long considered "OK" to do a bilateral TRAM, especially in a young active woman. It's what I had first looked into. I felt exactly the same way about foreign bodies but somehow I ended up changing my mind! LOL! Seriously, you are probably a very good candidate for some other flap procedures like the DIEP (same as TRAM but no muscle sacrificed) and some of the others like SGAP, etc.

The only good thing I can say about the whole hair loss thing is that it is easier to be bald in the summer. Except if the AC is cranked up!

Anonymous said...

Cool specs----you are just beautiful! Hang in there and you know that lots of love and prayers are always with you. love ya bunches!
Tonya