Monday, June 11, 2007

what a headache!

That's pretty much what I've had since the first treatment, a constant headache. This post won't be long, but just wanted to check in and let you all know that I am doing ok. Yesterday was the first day I started feeling "good", and that was a blessing since it was my baby's 3rd birthday! I felt kinda yucky when I got up, and had a terrible headache, but pushed myself for a shower and to go to church to see him put in his 3 pennies when they ask if there has been any birthdays. He's growing up so fast! We took him to pick out a present after church, then came home for lunch and nice nap. I cherish my naps with my kids! He had lots of company that evening, Kim and Billy came down, and Nana and Poppy came by too! Oh yeah, my headache seemed to have eased off A LOT after I had gotten up from napping, so I was feeling pretty good. I'm happy to report that, so far, I have not actually been sick! I have had lots of nausea, and a few close calls, but I have managed to keep it all down. The headaches have been terrible tho, and I plan on talking to my oncologist about this at my next appt. Today has been pretty good, except when I ate lunch I thought it might make me a little queasy, but it passed. So maybe it's safe to say that I have done well with the first treatment. Of course, I expect it will gradually get worse with each one, but at least the first one wasn't as bad as anticipated, so that's a good thing. I had a good surprise visit on Saturday, Kerri came by. I have known Kerri since 3rd grade and it's always great to see her. And another great surprise, there was flowers delivered to me today from Mitzi! Mitzi and I have been friends since high school and were roommates the first couple of years at ETSU. She's in Chicago now, so that was a wonderful surprise to let me know she's thinking of me! Thanks so much, Mitzi!! That reminds me, not sure if I mentioned it before or not, so forgive me if I have, the design team girls that I work with over at www.3scrappyboys.com all got together and sent me a beautiful bouquet of tulips a couple of weeks ago. Those were gorgeous, and I'm sorry that I hadn't posted it before. It's not hard for me to forget things these days, so let me just go ahead and say that if you have sent me a card, email, call, or anything else and have not gotten a personal thank you from me, please do not take it to heart. I have loved and appreciated every token, thought, message, everything that has been pouring in, and I thank God above that he has blessed me with such amazing friends and family.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Kristi,
I don't know if you will remember me or not, but you sat behind me in US History in High School - Amy Jo. I just wanted to get in touch with you to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers daily!! Good luck with this fight and may God continue to bless you and your family!!

Anonymous said...

Kristi,


Hey it's me Samantha. I hope you are feeling well. I am a little concerned because I have not heard from you since we talked on Sunday. Madison says hello to everyone especially Autum, Ethan, and Grayson. She is anxiously awaiting nother camping trip with you guys. I hope all is well. Please call me soon. Love Ya sam

Anonymous said...

hey kristi,
just wanted to leave you a little note on here to say hi. I keep missing you yahoo and i haven't had a chance to get back up there. staying busy with taylor and her karate and weekly pool promise plus taking care of harley etc...
and wondering if you had got a chance to wear your necklace yet.
LOVE YA,
Bridgette