Tuesday, June 05, 2007

so, tomorrow is the day.

I have a 10am appointment with my oncologist tomorrow. I also will have labs done, and if everything is ok, I will have my first round of chemotherapy. So, how do I feel about it? That's the million dollar question of the century! I have so many mixed feelings, it's hard to pinpoint just one or two. On one hand, I'm excited to get it started because that means that I'm well on my way of getting them over with. But then again, what will it be like? No one can predict this since every patient experiences different side effects. That is the biggest thing right now, for me anyway, is the "unknown". I'm nervous, to say the least, but I know all I need to do is turn it over to God and he will be right by my side every step of the way. On a lighter note, I went to the local Family Dollar yesterday and found a section that they had of breast cancer merchandise. A percentage of the proceeds will go towards cancer research and it was some really cute stuff! There were baseball caps in black, white, and pink, and two different designs, there was two different styles of sunglasses with a pink ribbon printed on the side, umbrellas, night gowns, and totes, and they were just $5 a pop!! I got me a pink cap and tote, but I wanted it all, lol! Go find a store close to ya and see what you can find, after all, it supports a good cause! I have been blessed to enjoy a couple of great visits from friends recently. A couple of weeks ago, one of my best friends from the first couple of years in high school came to see me. Tonya and I sat outside and caught up on what's been going on with each other and just really enjoyed one another's company. She has the cutest little boy that is from Jan. to June older than Grayson. She also brought a bowl of some really yummy fruit salad too!! Thanks so much Tonya! Then this past wknd we went camping. Another high school buddy invited us to go with them on their first camping trip and I'm so glad we went, it was great fun. Samantha has a daughter that is the same age as the twins, and seeing my little girl and hers play together was amazing, to say the least! Not in the sense that they were doing anything "big", but just that neither one of us would have ever imagined sitting back and watching our kids play one day. She also has a 20mo old and a 10mo old, absolute darlings, all 3 of them! It was a great wknd to keep me occupied. That's it for now, keep me in your thoughts and prayers as tomorrow rolls around!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristi,

Just a note to let you know that you and your family are in the thoughts and prayers of everyone. You are a brave young woman and an inspiration to all of us.

Love you,
Aunt Bobby