Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Here we go...

The dreaded is happening as we speak! I noticed this morning, right before my shower, that I can get quite a bit of hair when I run my fingers through it. I'm not bald already, by no means, and you can't even tell it's coming out just by looking at me. But I know that it is, and I even shed a couple tears when I realized it had started. Tomorrow will be my 2nd treatment, that is if my blood count is high enough. Now, I'm a firm believer that prayer makes a difference, so I'm asking that you say a little prayer for me that my counts will be ok and we won't have to delay this round. I know this time to take my mp3 and I'll also be taking me a sudoku puzzle book! Kim can take the credit for getting me addicted to that! I might even put me a pair of socks in my bag, last time my toes got cold in there, lol!
Today was a good day, kinda. As long as I could keep my mind off of my hair thinning, I was ok. But, me and the kids took a trip to see the only grandma I have left. Even got my dad to go with us too! It was a very nice little visit, and I have to admit that I don't go see her near as often as I should! I wanted to go see her before I lost all of my hair tho, that way she might not worry about me as much as she would if she seen me bald. The kids had a really good time digging for bugs and racing around the house! Ok, well, that's all for now. Til next time...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristi, The next time you are at "Grandma's" have the kids go to the corn crib where the tractor is kept and try to call "doddle bugs" out of their holds. Morgan and Andrew did it when they were there and it was so funny. The glasses are very you and you look beautiful in them. I keep you in my heart all the time. I love you. Barbara

Anonymous said...

I pray for you each and everyday. Not only for your health but I thank God for him bringing you into my life. I dont get to see you as much as I like to anymore but I think about you and the kids. It was nice seeing them at the Duck Race, they seemed to have fun. I will come see you soon and bring Kenzie to play with the kids, she misses them too.

Anonymous said...

kristi,

I really hope that you did well with your 2nd treatment. I continue to pray for you daily. I will call you in a few days. I love you samantha

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling well after your second treatment. Me and Baylee are still praying for you!
Love Stacy