Thursday, June 07, 2007

continued post from yesterday...

Ok, let's see how much I can get in tonight before I crash. So, we leave the office, am told to be back around 24hrs for my shot that will help with my blood count. I'm feeling pretty normal and ready for something to eat, after all, it is almost 5pm and I hadn't eaten since around 9am. And we really needed to head to Johnson City for more tile at Lowes, so we ended up going to Logan's for dinner. I did not skimp on it either!!! I had a full rack of ribs, loaded baked potato and a salad! I figured if I was gonna be sick that there would be something on my stomach to come up, sorry if that's TMI, but just how I felt! As we were leaving, something caught Kim's eye on the front page of the newspaper so she bought one and while she was reading that, with the paper still folded, the wind blew it back to a different section and then something caught MY eye. I tell ya, the Lord works in mysterious ways cause the headline that I seen was something along the lines of "Komen to tour ETSU", and it was a small article about the Komen foundation would be on the ETSU campus to spread awareness to young women about the importance of breast health. But, it was only for one day, which was thursday (today) from 9am to 3pm, so there was a good chance that I wouldn't feel up to it, but I told Kim that if I felt ok when I got up that I would really like to go and asked her to go with me. Anyways, left there, and Doug had to make another stop in JC, I was starting to feel a little "different" but still ok, but still decided to wait in the truck on him. Made one last stop at WalMart on the way home so I could pick up a prescription. Oh yeah, getting ready to write the next part made me remember that I forgot something, it should have been at the beginning of this post. When we came out to the parking lot of the dr's office, Kim told me that she had added to my pretty little gift bag, and boy did she ever! She had made a mental note of everything the Dr had said, on her little shopping trip while I was in treatment, she had picked up the following, antibacterial wipes, hand sanitizer, baking soda (for a mouth rinse), claritin and aleve, a pack of gum, and a couple packs of scrapbook rub ons that I had requested. I tell ya what, I think I have the best big sister in the world! So, back to what I was talking about, I brought out the wipes at WM to wipe down the buggy handle. I know that there are people who do this anyway, but I have never been a germ freak, so this will be a big learning curve. We finally make it home, and I'm still feeling ok, had a few queasy spells, but they went away and nothing bad enough that I actually thought I would be sick. The worst part so far was the headache. Before bed, we made sure that I had an empty trash can beside my bed, just in case, but thankfully I didn't need it. Slept really good, woke up feeling fine, but with a full bladder. I jumped up and went to the bathroom pretty quick and back in bed, then had a queasy spell, guess I shouldn't have made that bathroom trip so fast! I decided that I was feeling pretty good and called to make plans to attend the Komen thing with Kim. And I think I will stop here, not feeling the best in the world, and think it may be time for bed. I'll pick up where I'm leaving hopefully tomorrow. Til then...

3 comments:

Angie said...

I'm so glad you seem to be doing well with all of this. I've been wearing a little pink ribbon pin that I bought (donation) in honor of you. Just thinking about you a lot.

Kim is so sweet. She does the perfect thing to help you out...it's the small things that mean so much. You are lucky to have such a great sis...and a great husband and family to support you. (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that I have been thinking about you and hoping for the best. Miss you over at 3scrappyboys. Glad you are posting here so that we can keep up with your progress. Best Wishes

Cat

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you did fairly well with your first treatment. I continue to pray for you ALL everyday. Love you so much.
Tonya