Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Checking in...

Ok, so you guys really do keep up with me! I've received several emails checking on me since I haven't posted in so long, sorry bout that! I don't know, just haven't felt like writing anything, that simple. I've been a little down in the dumps, but hard to explain. Not really feeling depressed, but just a little blue. Doug has went back to work, at least until I start chemo, and the kids are still staying at my in laws for the most part, so I've been home alone and that could be a part of it, but I can't really pinpoint it. I get the dental work wrapped up Fri, so we're hoping to start chemo next week. I have an appointment with Dr Peirce, my oncologist, next Wednesday and they will do labs then to make sure everything is ok to start, then I may possibly start on Friday. And believe me, I'm ready!! I want to get this show on the road, so to speak. These "quiet" and in between times are killing me! Sure, I'm a little scared, it is CHEMOTHERAPY for goodness sakes, but I know that is just part of what I have to do to overcome this battle, and I'm ready to face it head on! Oh yea, I got my prosthetics! Well, one set of them anyway, waiting on the "real" set to come in, they are silicone, the ones I have right now are called a "leisure" set, they are a foam material. The lady at the Unique Boutique, was absolutely amazing! She made me feel very comfortable and tried her best to fit me just right, and I have to say, she done a good job! The leisure set is the ones I can use to swim with, just pin them in my swimsuit, and that's great cause we will be camping this wknd and the pool will be open! She told me that I could bring my swimsuits to them and they would sew pockets in for me, but I figured this will probably be the only time I'll need it, so not worth fooling with. I also wanted a more dramatic change, and wanted to go blond! Why not? I'll be losing my hair in a few weeks anyway, so if it looks terrible then it won't matter! But, it didn't work that well, I am a red head instead! And I'm not saying that in a bad way, I really like it, it's just not as big of a change as I was wanting. I think I may go and put in blond highlights, lol! But for those of you that have emailed me, concerned that I hadn't posted, thanks! It makes me feel really good that you are thinking of me. Physically, I am feeling great, I almost have my left arm back 100%! I'm gonna try really hard not to let it be so long til my next post!

4 comments:

THIS, THAT AND EVERYTHING said...

Kristi,
You seem to be doing great - and yes, it's normal to go through the down times. Just as long as you pick right back up - you'll be fine. I just took my 3rd treatment today and I've discovered that food decides totally how you will do - plus rest, of course. When I go through the nausea, eating something light and small seems to take it away. Good luck and God Bless.
MaryAnn Blimline

Chelle said...

Maybe you should get the pockets put into the bathing suit. Do they float? I just have this image in my head of them popping out. Somehow, you would make a joke about it and be embarrassed but laugh about it for days.

My grandma had "fake"(if I could read your post while I'm writing then I would write the p word- but I don't know how to spell it.) breasts- I don't know if they were silicone or what. But when she sewed she would just stick her pins into her breast. It was the funniest site. I remember saying "Don't do that! Ouch!" and she just said, "oh don't worry they're not real."

Go get your highlights and then post a picture.

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I am so glad to hear that you are doing so well! I have been checking every day to see if you have posted! We are still praying for ya! Have fun on your camping trip! We all would love to see a pic of you in your new do!

Love ya, Stacy Webb

Anonymous said...

It's so good to hear from ya. I was getting worried. Hope you have a wonderful time camping this weekend. I continue to pray for ya everyday.
love you bunches
Tonya