Wednesday, March 25, 2009

So tomorrow is the big day! Ok, so maybe nothing to be excited about, but to me it is a small milestone. If everything goes well, I get to start treatments tomorrow. Not that I'm excited to start chemotherapy, but I look at it this way, the sooner I get started, the sooner they will be over. It really isn't for sure that I will start tomorrow. When this appointment was made, the idea was that it would give the doc enough time to get all the results back, from the biopsy, MRI, bone scan, and MUGA scan, and he would be able to decide what treatment would be best for me. And since it's a long drive for us, they gave us an early appt with the hopes that treatments would begin immediately following the dr's visit. Keep your fingers crossed! They did call to let me know that the MRI came back clear, so my noggin looks fine, lol!
So how am I doing emotionally? I have good days and bad. And I'm better at hiding some days than I am others. But I won't lie, it's a lot harder, mentally, this time.
I know it's in God's hands, and he will take care of me, really, I do know this. But I really can't help but wonder why. Then that makes me feel horribly guilty, because questioning God is the last thing I need to be doing right now. Ok, you know what, this is not something I want to get into right now. So I'm gonna change the subject.
Twilight. I had no intentions, at all, to get wrapped up in this craze. But, I did. And I have it bad!!! I got the chance to watch the movie at school, and it was all over from there. The movie was AMAZING! The absolute best love story ever! Not that Edward Cullen is good looking, but he had me melting! Just imagine someone looking at you with those eyes, YUM-O! So a friend of mine from school brought me the first book and I'm about half way through it. The same friend made me a copy of the soundtrack, and I just about have it memorized, it is so good. If that wasn't bad enough, I had to go out and buy the movie this evening! And I'll just tell ya, I'm not the type to buy a lot of movies. We may pick up a few in the $5 bins every now and then, but the last movie I bought as a new release was Cars. That reminds me, I have wrote what I needed to write, so there is no reason why I should still be here typing when I could be watching the movie!!! Just remember me & Doug tomorrow, and keep your fingers crossed that I get some drugs, hehe!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK. Now, I get it. You dumped me tonight so you could watch Twilite? lol I'm crushed, just crushed. Well, seriously, I'll be praying for you tomorrow.

kimberlee said...

Good luck today Kristi! Sending you some hugs!

scosheme said...

You are in my thoughts today! Good luck. Big {{{{{HUGS}}}}}.

Sherry said...

you are crazy...i haven't even got into twilight!!!!!!!!