Friday, March 13, 2009

Well I'm the proud new owner of a brand new shiny port! (at least I think it's shiny, they said it was titanium) Anyway, everything went fine today. I got there on time and they took me straight back and got me prepped. Dr. Holt was about 10 minutes late, but that's ok, since he was in another surgery I guess I can't say too much. The nurses that cared for me were so nice, couldn't have asked for better. Right now it's about 7 hours post-op, and I'm starting to get the feeling back and getting pretty sore. The only restriction I have is not to lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk, lol, and they told me to go by that for at least 7 to 10 days.
I need to thank each and every one of you that have emailed me, called me, and left comments here, your kind words and prayers are better than anything right now! Thank you so much, and may God bless each one of you!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh Kristi, you are on my TAWG list and be strong. I know you are a strong woman but this can be so much harder than the first time around. I have been there. YOU CAN DO THIS! You have your family to keep you strong as well. Many wishes of positive outcomes for you. God Bless You Greatly!

Anonymous said...

Love ya sister....still here if you need me.
Tory

Anonymous said...

Kristi,
I just saw you and facebook and read your comments and saw the address to your blog. Me and my family will be praying for you each day. Please let me know if I can help you in any way. I will help with the kids, drive you to the doctor, cook your family meals, clean your house, ANYTHING!!! I would be honored to help. 256-2616 - 292-5350. It is hard to know why we are given the obstacles in life that we are, but I believe with all my heart that you will beat this. Stay strong and positive. Call me day or night if you need me. Love ya!
Tina Winegar Manis