Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Two tests down!

Well, actually three if I count the biopsy he done when he put in the port. Anyway, today was spent at the hospital, almost ALL DAY! I got there this morning, got checked in, all that good stuff, and they took me on back to nuclear medicine so they could inject the dye. Then she notices that my MRI isn't scheduled til noon, and this was around 10 am, so she's gonna try to get them to take me earlier. She also leaves the iv in my arm, since I have to have another dye injection for the MRI. So I sit, and I sit, and I sit some more. I had already made plans to run a few errands in between the time I got the injection and the time I came back for the MRI, but I stayed, thinking I would get in sooner. Oh, I failed to mention that the actual bone scan, for which the first injection is for, isn't until 1:30. So here I am waiting, I'm about to get frustrated, and hungry, cause that was on my to do list. Ah, and finally I get called back for my MRI, and yes, it was earlier than 12:00, it was 11:45!! UGH!!! So I get back there, they get me started, I'm still miffed. And it was cold in there, I was real close to shivering, so that didn't help matters. I did have time to run and get me some lunch before having the bone scan, even though they didn't give me what I ordered in the drive-thru, but, hey, why should things go my way today? Make it back to the hospital for the scan, and they are running a little behind, so I get to wait some more, yippee! And the girl that did the scan, if she didn't ask me 100 questions, she didn't ask me one! Any other time, I wouldn't have minded a bit, but today it just bothered me. But being the nice person I am, I just answered them and was relieved to get out of there when it was over. And guess what, I get to go back to the very same exact place Thursday morning for the MUGA scan, at 7:30 am. This time I'm taking my mp3!!!!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

don't you wish someone would develop a portable scrapping station that would hold everything just where we leave it and then we could pull it out again and scrap awhile...?? LOL

scosheme said...

So frustrating when everything runs behind. You definitely need to take your mp3, maybe a book and just maybe a few sb supplies!! If you have to wait then just take up some space and get comfy!

Sheila