Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Here's the deal...

I'm 29 yrs old, I don't drink, I don't smoke, there is no history of it in my family, but.....I have breast cancer.... There, I said it! And I have to say it quite often to myself, and even out loud on occasion because it just doesn't seem real. Doesn't seem real because I'm too young to have breast cancer, or any kind of cancer for that matter!
So now what? Do I sit at home while my kids are in school and feel sorry for myself and assume that this will kill me? NEVER! I do NOT feel sorry for myself, I have this for a reason and even if I don't yet know that reason, God does, and I have a comfort in that. Do I automatically assume that I'm gonna die because I have cancer? Nope, never have thought of it that way, and don't intend to start. We all have to go sometime, so if it has to be this way for me, then oh well. All I'm saying is that I don't think of my cancer as a death sentence, so no one else should either. As a matter of fact, I have a very positive attitude about the whole thing. I'm the same person I was a couple of months ago, I just know a little more about my body now than I did then. Don't feel sorry for me, I don't want pity. I'm not sharing this for pity, I'm sharing so you can track my journey if you want, or so it will prompt you stay current with your check ups, or in case I make a comment or make a joke about my breast cancer you won't be stunned or suprised. I will openly talk about it, and will probably often make jokes, so don't read if you are easily offended or think I shouldn't say certain things about it. I am determined to keep my spirits up and keep my sense of humor, and I can't be worried that I will offend anyone.
Now, with that being said, I hope that I will be able to keep this thing updated! And may even have my best friend in the whole world, aka my big sister, keep you updated during my surgery and recovery. That's it for now. If you have read all of it, thanks for being here! Stay tuned for what I'm expecting to be a wild ride!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my. I just noticed your blog...what shocking news! I am so bummed. You have such an awesome attitude & that will always get you through some tough stuff. I will keep you in my prayers. I will be praying that God will be blessing you throughout this life journey. I will be watching your story & rooting for you & your positive spirit.

Anonymous said...

well put! kudos to you :)

stacyw said...

Hold your head high! We will keep you in our prayers!

Shelia K said...

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

hey sissy its your little sister...i want you to know that no matter what becomes of all this you are still my big sister and i love you with all my heart and i want you to know i am here for you no matter what. I hope that you can keep a good outlook on this and know that your gonna be ok. I know that you will be ok, you gotta be. But i just want you to know that i love you with all my heart and i am here for you if you need me.

Love Lil sis,
Danielle

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristy,

What a great attitude you have! You will definitely be in my thoughts! Keep us updated and most importantly don't forget to take care of yourself!

Sheila Edwards

Snarky Mom Reads said...

Kristi - Please update us on how you found out, when your surgery is, what you're having done, etc...

Anonymous said...

Kristi My prayers go to you may God bless you and go with you every where Trish (Kotared) ETNCC

Anonymous said...

hey kristi,
I just want you to know I am here for you if you need me. Please dont hesitate to ask me for ANYTHING. We been friends for a long time and we been thru all kinds of stuff together. I love you just like you were my own sister and you know that. I hate that you are having to go thru this so bad, but I am so glad you have such a positive attitude. That is what will get you thru this... KRisti I love you and please please dont ever think you can't ask me for anything.. I'll do my best to do anything at all I can..
LOVE YOU ALWAYS,
Bridgette

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristi,

I have tried to post a comment three different times and this time I am gonna do it. You are in our prayers and anything you need you just let us know. I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond, you have been on my mind and in my prayers.
Love, Cathy and Willie

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristi,

I have tried to post a comment three different times and this time I am gonna do it. You are in our prayers and anything you need you just let us know. I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond, you have been on my mind and in my prayers.
Love, Cathy and Willie

Anonymous said...

Dear Kristy,

I just read your story and the tears just poured down my cheeks. Not because I doubt that you will be healed, but because of your faith and courage!

I am praying for you and I love you.
Aunt Bobby

The Parker Family said...

Kristi,
Praying for you continually! May His loving arms surround you and you will know His peace that passes all understanding.
Love you dearly,
Julie Parker
www.acrossthemilesethiopia.blogspot.com