Wednesday, April 25, 2007

YAY!!!! We have a date!

Kim says she's never seen anybody so excited to have surgery, lol, and she works in the OR!! Ok, today's run-down, so far, anyway....I got up this morning, got the kids off to school and all that normal stuff, came home and instead of sitting down here at the computer, I actually made myself start cleaning in the kitchen! Just let me take a second to say, my house is in need of a major cleaning because we'll be expecting company and I'm just ashamed to let anyone come in. I'm no suzy-homemaker so actual cleaning is battle I fight constantly, lol. But anyway, I was determined to get the kitchen done today and was getting a good start, then got a call to take Doug's grandma to the dr office to get her medicine. Just let me tell ya, I could never tell her no, first of all, as long as I'm able and I have no appointments for myself, I would do anything for them, and second, they hardly ever ask us to help out, so I want to be sure they know they can count on us if they need to. But, I thought, of all days, lol!! So, I take her to get her meds up in Kingsport, stopped at the WalMart coming back so I could get a loaf of bread, woohoo, exciting, I know! Then she wanted me to stop at McDonald's so she could get Grayson a happy meal. We got back home around 1 and I let Gray stay at her house just long enough for me to come home a few minutes, she just lives at the end of our road anyway, and I knew I would be going back out to get the kids a little after 2. Well, while I was home, the nurse called and asked if Thurs, May 3rd would be ok for surgery, OF COURSE!!! I was tickled pink!! So she was gonna call and get it set up at the hospital and all that good stuff. She did, and called me back a couple hours later with the details. I go Mon for my pre-admit and then my actual surgery, bilateral mastectomy w/ no reconstruction at this time, will be thurs at 7:30, but I'll probably have to be there a lot earlier, like 6:30 maybe. It's just crazy how excited I am about having an actual date! I guess I better enjoy these puppies while I can, lol! For right now, I better get back to that kitchen duty I left hanging this morning!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Thank goodness!! So glad you have a date...and that it's so soon!

Anonymous said...

kristi you need to give kim my phone # and give me hers so if i can't get ahold of doug ic an call her and see how you are doing...
txt it to me or send it to me on yahoo...i'm glad you finally got a date.....love you bunches..

Bridgette