Sunday, April 22, 2007

Off a camping we go...

Oh boy! The tests are over for now, and we are going camping!! We've had this camping trip planned for a very long time, and the day is finally here! The campground that we were going to had a scrapbook wknd planned and I am a scrapping nut, so is Kim! We got there around 7, maybe a little earlier, got checked in and set up. It was a really nice campground, but a little tight. The staff were really nice, and the whole campground was clean and nice. Our spot was right on the creek, and that sound was awesome!! Grilled us some burgers, and relaxed a while! Woke up before 7 saturday and was not pleased about that at all!! I was on vacation, I was suppose to be sleeping late! Anyway, Doug fixed a great breakfast, pancakes and bacon, yum-o! I happened to remember that I had some hot chocolate mix in the cabinet, so I fixed me some of that to go along with it! We got the men off on their merry way and it was time to scrapbook! Man it was crowded, lol, me and Kim were the only ones there to scrapbook! We stayed for about an hour then headed back to the camper to scrap a little, that way the dogs could lay outside if they wanted to, while we played. I ended up having to take a short nap, the babbling of the creek was like a lullaby. The guys were in a lot of traffic and was gone longer than expected, but that was ok too. It just pushed supper back a few hours, but it was well worth the wait! On the menu for saturday night we had steak, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, and salad! After that, we sat around the campfire and just enjoyed it! Slept really good, got up and started getting everything ready for the trip home. Everything went ok, stopped and had breakfast at Cracker Barrel, bought me an outfit there that was marked down that I thought would be a really good one for dr appointments and such. I either have just t-shirts or church clothes, not very much in between! Anyway, made it all the way to Rogersville and we had a blow out on one of the camper tires when we pulled out on 11W. UGH! It could have been worse I guess, it could have been two tires, or it could have been raining. Got that taken care of, then we finally made it home around 2:30 I think. As much as I love camping, it's always good to be home! And besides, I missed the kids like crazy! Now it's time to go outside and let the kids play a while and fix some supper on the grill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you all had a good time camping this weekend. I didnt know it was a scrapbook camping trip though, I thought you all was just going to be going... anyway... I'll talk to you later.. Just wanted to say hey and glad ya had fun.... LOVE YOU BUNCHES!!! Bridgette