Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Don't really have anything in mind to write tonight/ this morning. It's 1:30am and I'm still up, even tho I know that I will feel like crap tomorrow. Went on the field trip, and had a great time with the kids, all of them, not just my own. But we went in one of the inside exhibits and it was a tad bit too warm in the building and that triggered a headache, and by the time I made it home around 4 o'clock, it was a full blown migraine! But I took something and laid down, and thankfully it went away about as fast as it came on. So that's the reason I am up, my dear husband let me sleep til 7, and I did not intend on sleeping that late! I was thinking about my last post and where I was mentioning my trust and faith in God. Well, it made me realize that it almost sounds like I think I am invincible, and that's not the case at all! I know that there is a chance that I won't make it through this thing, but you know what, I could just as easily die tomorrow from a car accident or something totally not relating to this disease, so why bring myself down thinking that I'm gonna die from cancer? It's just that I am peace with it, that's all. Oh, something to look forward to, we're going camping this wknd! AND, it will be a scrapping wknd for me and Kim! AND, the kids are staying with mamaw and papaw! AND, we will send the husbands to the RodRun! Ok, so I feel a little guilty leaving the kids home, but I deserve a break, and besides, it's not warm enough for them to swim, and that's their favorite part about camping.
A lot of people have been sharing links to other breast cancer blogs, and I am saving them all in my favorites, so keep them coming!! I would rather read actual "been there, done that" stories than the medical terminology! (Thanks, Chanda for the most recent link! I have read all of it already and really need to get in touch with her!) I love the cards that have been coming! Comments of encouragement and prayers are always a blessing. But the biggest blessing I could get is knowing that somebody could benefit from something I have wrote, so please, please, please, pass my blog along to anybody! And I appreciate each comment added, and apologize that I am not getting to respond personally to each one. I'm leaving you with a link I came across on another BC blog earlier today, thought it was cute.
http://www.circusofcancer.org/HTH-01.html

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Kristi - I just wanted to leave you a comment to let you know that I will be praying fervently for a full and complete recovery. You are quite a wonderful person to use this horrid disease to help encourage others who might be walking the same walk or might one day go down the same path. That in itself, my dear, is part of God’s plan! You take care of yourself during this ordeal and don’t forget to shop and eat chocolate! Those two things make everything better!! Looking forward to celebrating remission with you at Croptoberfest. Hey – maybe we’ll all wear pink at the pajama party to celebrate! I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow as you visit your plastic surgeon and hopefully he’ll give you “thumbs up” for new boobies and a flatter stomach! Love ya, girl! ~ Dianne

Snarky Mom Reads said...

Thinking of you today...