Wednesday, May 16, 2007

No radiation!

Had an appointment with my oncologist today and it went well. I won't have to do any radiation, YAY!! He was really pleased with everything, the MUGA scan results were great, he was really pleased and surprised that I only had 2 nodes bad, and he's ready to get the chemo started as soon as I am. I do have some dental work to get done before I start, so as soon as I get that taken care of, we'll be ready. He went ahead and gave me prescriptions for anti-nausea meds. Oh, and I also called Dr. Holt's office this morning, asking about my right side, I was concerned that it had some fluid in it, so they told me to come by there before I went to Dr. Pierce (oncologist). And, sure enough, I did, he ended up draining over 50cc's of fluid off of that side, but other than that, everything looked ok. I don't go back to him til next Friday and don't go back to Dr. Pierce until I get my dental work finished, so my next appointment is next wed at the dentist, but we're trying to get that moved up, no luck as of yet. I was also told that I would probably rather wear my glasses during chemo instead of my contacts, for comfort, so I set myself up an appointment to get an eye exam next Friday too. I wouldn't gonna do it, I figured I had enough appts anyway, but since we have good vision insurance, I figured I might as well, besides, I wouldn't mind a new set of specs! Man alive, I feel so tired, having to go here and there! I have had a different appointment everyday this week! I feel like I have been to more dr apts this past two months than I have my entire life. There is nothing on the agenda for tomorrow, but the kids' are suppose to be having a "fun day", so if I feel like it, I would like to go to the school for a little while, then Fri will be their last one. So, that's it for now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you dont have to do radiation.
HUGS to you and hope this passes soon.
Keep your faith and remember you are loved

Kimberly said...

You are sounding great! Keep your spirits up and know that I am thinking about you. You too, WILL be a survivor! Can't wait until you join the club! HUGS!

Snarky Mom Reads said...

So Kristi - how is everything going nowadays? I'm hoping that no news is good news! Was glad to see that you won't be doing radiation, but was wondering when chemo starts/ed??