Thursday, May 03, 2007

Surgery day update

Kim here, checking in. Sorry I'm late, but it's been a very looooong day! I don't do 5:30am for just anybody mind you! Gonna give it to ya in a nutshell, then I'm headed to bed.

Surgery got started a little before 8am, lasted around 3 hours, then about an hour in recovery. The surgery itself went well, according to Dr. Holt. The post-anesthesia nausea & vomiting set in right after getting up to her room, but with the help of a few IV meds, it didn't take too long to resolve. (Not to mention, it makes for some good sleep time!) She eventually roused up and felt well enough to try a few ice chips and Sprite, followed later with some orange sherbet, and topped off this evening with Chick-fil-A nuggets and a milkshake. That's definitely a good sign! As long as she has an uneventful night and adequate pain control tomorrow, they anticipate discharging her home. I'll fill ya in then............

5 comments:

Stacy Barton said...

Thanks for updating Kim. I was thinking and praying for all of you guys today. Now lets get better so we can go camping. Stay Strong Kristi. I love you

Kimberly said...

I knew you would be alright Kristi! The tough road is ahead and I know you will be added to the survior's club! I cannot wait until you join us! Thinking about you and super HUGS chica!

Sherry said...

So, Kristi, can we scrapbook tonight??? I mean, it was just boobs, right? LOL
Thought about you all night last night wondering how you were doing...glad you came thru okay...
Love ya!! and you too KIMBO!

Anonymous said...

So glad you did alright we are still praying for you! Love ya, Stacy Webb

Anonymous said...

I'm so thankful everything went well. Thanks Kim for the update. We continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers (all of you)
lots of love
Tonya