Monday, May 07, 2007

Some good news...

My appointment with Dr Holt went well today, at least I thought so anyway, lol! He had taken out 17 lymph nodes and only 2 were positive for cancer! That was a huge relief! I'm pretty sure I posted in a previous post that the more nodes that it had spread to meant the greater the chance that the cancer would develop somewhere else in my body, so since it was only 2 out of the 17 he took, I thought that was pretty dag gone good! He also told us that the tumor was a little bigger than what they had measured during the biopsy, they thought it was just over 3cm but it was actually 3.9cm, almost 4, but that it was close to the skin and that was a good thing. He did remove the bandages, and it was very hard, I only glanced down for a very short peak, and knew I wasn't ready to cross that bridge. He did remove one of the three drains I had, so that was good, and I go back thurs and he will probably take another one out. That was really uncomfortable, but it was over quick. He will also uncover the bandage where the port is, and that will feel better too! So I'm wrapped back up in another ace bandage, but without the extra gauze, and was told I could take it off to let it "breath" if I felt like it, but it was up to me. Just let me say, it probably will NOT be coming off before I go back on thurs. That's it for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sissy, i am glad to hear that your doc appt went well. I will come see you as soon as i can before my surgery. I just gotta get some gas money first:)...but i just thought i would let you know how glad i am that things went well yesterday...I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!

Love Always,
Danielle

Angie said...

Oh, that's SUCH great news!!!