Monday, May 14, 2007

Today's appointment...

I had a late evening appointment with Dr Holt today and it went really well. He said that everything was looking good, that it was possible that I may have a little fluid on the right side, but for me to just keep an eye on it and come in if it looks like it's getting worse. But I was told that I can leave the ace bandage off if I want, and if the steri strips start to peel, I can go ahead and take those off. He did tell me that my cancer was stage 2b. I didn't realize that there was an "a&b", but there can be in stages 1 or 2, and with the size of my tumor being almost 4cm, that's what bumped it to 2"b" rather than just stage 2. He seems to think that everything is going good and looking like he wants it to, so I don't have to go back to his office for two wks, well, actually he will be gone so I go back next friday, before he leaves town. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow, and then I see my oncologist Wed. He should tell us then about when I will start chemo and if I will have to have radiation or not. Dr. Holt told me today that there was still a good chance that I will have radiation, that the general rule of thumb was usually if there are 3 lymph nodes or more affected, but that I had 2 and given my young age, it would be a good idea. So, I should find out something Wednesday. Then on Friday, my twins will graduate kindergarten! I can't believe that they have went through their first year of school already, time flies! I'm so proud of them!! Well, that's about it for now, I think I feel like working on a few handmade cards while Doug works on remodeling the bathroom. See ya soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristi, I'm keeping up with you babe. I share you info with a lady I work with, one of our social workers. She had a breast removed in the winter. She is doing great.
As soon as you are up to it I want to see you...Love you so much!!
Barbara K

Anonymous said...

Kristi, I am so glad to hear you are doing so well! Me and Baylee pray for you every night! Keep hanging in there and keep looking to God! Love ya!

Stacy W

Anonymous said...

kristi,

Just a note to let you know Im praying for you every time I think of you (many times day and night).
I know you're going to be fine.

Hope you got your gift in the mail. That is God's message to you.

Love you
Aunt Bobby

Anonymous said...

Kristi,

Just a note to let you know Im praying for you every time I think of you (many times day and night).

Hope you got your gift. It is God's message to you. You are going to be fine.

Love you
AUNT BOBBY

Anonymous said...

Kristi, my sis is a two time breast cancer survivor and had both breasts removed last year.
I had two tumors and thankfully neither were cancerous.
Keep your chin up and be strong.

That is so cute that you have twins, I always wanted twins lol Not sure why roflmbo.
But congrats to them on graduating kindergarten
Frankie