Monday, May 07, 2007

On the tube...

I had been seeing the commercial for this for the past few days and wanted to watch, it was "Living with cancer", hosted by Ted Koppel, and he had his best friend there along with Elizabeth Edwards and Lance Armstrong. I just happen to run across it last night so didn't get to watch from the very beginning, but it comes back on tonight at 8 o'clock est, on the Discovery Times channel. But check your local listings to see if it will be coming on where you are, I really suggest anyone watch it, if you have cancer or not. It, well what I parts I seen of it, was so educating, but not in the text book way, in the personal way that most people understand. It was mostly the story of Ted's friend, Larry (I think that's what his name is, please forgive me if it isn't!) and a documentation of his journey with cancer so far. Then the stories of Lance Armstrong's battle with his cancer and Elizabeth Edwards current battle with breast cancer. Of course, it hit home way too hard for me and I was doing a lot of crying, but still at the same time I couldn't turn it off, I felt like a sponge and just wanted to absorb every word that was said. I'm gonna try to find out if it's available to purchase sometime today, just in case I forget about it again this evening. Anyway, it's very informative and it will really open your eyes up to things I know that I didn't know, and it will help you understand things a little better if you know someone that is living with the disease.
Ok, now, getting back to the more personal stuff. I really have missed sitting down here and writing, letting it out, so to speak. I hope that I remember to come back later and post just about the surgery itself, cause that will be long. But coming home is what I will talk about right now. It's great to be home, altho I miss my kiddos like crazy, I know that they are being well taken care of and that they are still young enough that they will forget about most of this, and for that I have to be thankful! It's been really hard dealing with the fact that I can't do it all on my own. So, again, I have to be thankful for my caregivers, mainly my dear dear husband! My sister has been great, as well as my dad and step mom, she has been cooking some great meals for us! Ok, so I'm not gonna be able to post as much as I wanted to this time, my left arm and hand are getting extremely tired. That's the side the cancer was in and where the lymph nodes were removed. So I guess you will just have to wait a while for any more. I do have a follow-up appointment with my surgeon today, so keep me in your thoughts and prayers for that. I think he will be removing my bandages, and honestly, I'm not ready for that part. So I need prayers!! Thanks for the comments, everybody, it helps keep my spirits up!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristi, so glad your home. I'm really "glad" you have someone like Doug, he sounds like a gem.
I'll be in touch soon. Wanted you to know I'm reading your blog for updates. I've sent it to Mack and Tamitha. Love you dearly, Barbara

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're doing so good and that you're at home..I know you can get better much faster at home. I want to come up there when you feel up to it..LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANYTHING, ANYTHING AT ALL...
I LOVE YOU BUNCHES
Bridgette

Anonymous said...

Hey sissy i just wanted to say that i love you and i am SOOO happy you are home and i will be up there soon to see you..i know you are gonna get through this your strong and ALWAYS have been...I LOVE YOU

Love Always,
Danielle